Welcome to our 7th grade green team mathematics classroom website!
My name is Mrs. Ghezzi and I'm truly excited for our new year together! On this page you will learn a little about me and my background. More details can be found on the resources page of this site.
- I've been teaching mathematics for nine years and used to work in global finance prior to changing careers. Teaching children mathematics is one of my passions and I am truly blessed to be able to work with 7th graders again this year.
- I was born in Bayonne, New Jersey (across the river from NYC) and graduated from NYU with a bachelor's degree in international studies and Gordon College with a master's degree in mathematics curriculum and instruction.
- I've lived in Amesbury for 16 years and I'm a wife and mother of two children ages 15 and 12.
- I love to travel, cook, run, and practice photography.
- My favorite food is ice-cream, my favorite place is Ireland, my favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, and my favorite poem is a tie between Birches by Robert Frost and When You are Old by William Butler Yeats.
Please understand that this website is designed to be only one of many resources for both students and parents to stay connected with what's happening in our classroom. As stated above, detailed information regarding course expectations, curriculum outlines, units of study, grading policy, classroom rules and discipline, as well as my teaching philosophy and curriculum tools used in class can be found on my resources page (see left menu). This same information can also be found by visiting my Aspen X2 page and will also be posted in Google Classroom. These resources allow students and parents to decide which resource type they are most comfortable with!
Grade information is always found on Aspen X2. Please click (or copy and paste) the link below to access this site. Consider setting a grade threshold so that you can easily monitor how your child is doing on an assignment by assignment basis. Above all, students are expected to use Aspen regularly to monitor their own progress this year.
I greatly look forward to meeting all of you and embarking on a fabulous journey together.