Welcome to Room 203
World Geography and Ancient Civilizations
Social Studies - Blue Team
Get ready to study societies of the past & present!
Prehistory Ancient Mesopotamia Middle East
Ancient Egypt Africa Central America
Caribbean Islands South America
Keys to your success
1. Be Prompt: be on time. Don’t miss out!
2. Be Prepared: be sure to have a pencil and your assignments.
3. Be Productive: hard work always gets rewarded, so always do your very best!
4. Be Positive: have a good attitude. It makes the experience much more fun!
5. Be Polite: always be kind and courteous.
How you will be evaluated
Projects (30%)/Tests (30%) —culminating activities, vocabulary & maps that show mastery of concepts.
Quizzes/mini-projects –checks for understanding, writing and smaller-scale assignments to determine progress towards mastery of concepts: 20%
Classwork/participation—pays attention, answers/asks questions, is respectful and stays on task: 10%
Homework – my homework is designed for students to DISCOVER more and DIVE DEEPER into the world we are studying: 10%
After school help days are subject to change throughout the school year. Students will be notified in advance if a change is made.
Students may also request afterschool help one day in advance.