School Choice 2018-2019 School Year
1. By April 1st of each year, all principals in Amesbury will review their enrollment projections for the upcoming school year and will identify any grade-levels which might be able to accommodate additional students from outside the district without placing an undue burden on the teacher, grade-level or school.
2. Principals will review their proposed list of grade-level enrollments and the number of spaces available per grade-level with the Superintendent.
3. By May 1st of each year, the Superintendent will make school choice recommendations to the school committee and the school committee will vote for the upcoming school year.
4. If space is allotted through the school choice program, the school administration will publicize the openings through a variety of media, including but not limited to: website, social media, and newspaper.
5. Interested parties will be required to complete an application process (see attachment below) and return the application to the central office no later than June 1st.
6. After establishing the number of places available for out of town students at each grade level, enrollment of choice students will occur in the following order:
i. Siblings of children already attending Amesbury Public Schools (in accordance with the 1994 amendment to the School Choice Law)
ii. Other applicants